Re: Translations was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Translations was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:09:43 +0100

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 02:06:21AM +0100, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

> Why don't we move the CVS to Bazaar at Launchpad?

IF we move we should either go from bad-CVS to good-CVS
(SVN) or all the way to GIT, IMO.

> Because of different licensing imposed by Launchpad?

Some licensing issues lurked on Launchpad, I seem to
remember with regards to Blueprints and such.

> What is currently Launchpad used for, what cannot be done in Savannah?

Bug tracking. It is ages better on launchpad. It took Gour a
good number of arguments to facilitate this switch ;-)

> If it
> is only the translation support, which is rather problematic - why not
> abandon it?

I do think the translation service is the second best thing
to move to LP, actually.

I am trying not to force-rebase the entire project but
rather move in easily digestible steps.

- improve bug tracking - done
- improve translation - pending
- change vcs - considered

We need project stability in the face of manpower fragility.