Re: Translations was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Translations was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:47:04 +0100

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 09:15:12AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Items marked at Launchpad as
>       "Someone should review"
> do get held backā€¦ I imagine the same should be true for when
> suggesters did not have project team status.

That makes sense.

> Not sure about where comes from:
> "Language-Team: FR <address@hidden>\n"

That's some sort of gettext system builtin default. The FR
is taken from the intent, the address@hidden probably has got
some historical meaning.

> Also unsure about is the last example in which the translation
> contains a prepended "" whereas these do not seem to show (maybe
> they are parsed in the display?) at Launchpad.

That's part of the gettext format: a

        msgstr ""

line is used if the string is "too long" (per definitionem).
The line is ignored upon compilation into a .mo file.