[Gnumed-devel] Re: Translations, Polish

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Translations, Polish
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:12:53 +0100

It looks like I replied only to Jim, so I repost it to the list :

Re: Your message from Friday 30 October 2009 09:17:19 :

> On 2009-10-26, at 3:27 AM, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:
>
> > I also have a small part translated to Polish
>
> There are 45 translations in Launchpad contributed by Wojtek however for
>
>       There are no episodes for this health issue.
>
> he supplied
(...)
> So which is more satisfactory... Wojtek's or Google's and (if
> Google's) is it good enough?
Neither. Leave it. I'll try to review all Polish transation in Launchpad this
weekend.

Main question is what are the best Polish translations of all basic EMR item
names: "health issue", "episode" and "encounter".

I have just searched the Google for any resources on EMR (EHR) in Polish, and
there are only a few, which deal with EHR, but without such details as episodes
and encounters or similiar things. Everything is in English! So I may say there
are no coined Polish terms for them.
The "health issue" is easy, but how to translate in one word "episode" and
"encounter" - I'm still not sure.
I asked on the Polish translation forum. Waiting for answer.

Jerzy Luszawski