Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Medication viewing

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Medication viewing
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:47:07 -0700

On 2009-10-30, at 7:47 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

2) subject to the above perhaps being changed later I put
  the following logic into the view over the current medication:

So even though we do not yet (compared to problem list) support user-defined sorting, the view could allow programmatically what I recently offered as grouping of current substances and placed at wiki CurrentMedicationList except we would need to confirm whether we would understand "soft_stop_date" to be
clin_when+duration
and hard_stop_date to be
a field last_used not yet agreed/refreshed online into a v12 column

and then presto the Groups can be shown in the widget, programmatically sorted by the View?

Looking over the original suggestion (below), any medications which patients have been advised to take in future *if needed* could as you say have a future clin_when. If you think about it, this could be infinity for a substance that did not need a prescription, whereas in my province a prescription is only valid for 1 year (narcotics less) so that could eventually be supplied by a rules-aware prescribing widget.

Future maybe-meds should perhaps be split out of A to become the new group B (clin_when+duration > today) making the shown B and C into C and D respectively

Can wx allow row colours based on values?

Suggest to filter / sort:

  • "Group A" = current (blue) = "soft_stop_date" is {NULL or future-dated} and hard_stop_date is NULL
  • "Group B" = undefined (orange) = "soft_stop_date" is today-or-past-dated} and hard_stop_date is NULL
  • "Group C" = stopped (grey) = hard_stop_date is not NULL (NULL not > today)