Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:35:59 +0100

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:47:06AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> >>yep, there was a problem with detecting which row is selected
> >
> >solved
>
> On what basis and through what means would we alter a drug or
> substance's state to "inactive"?

Given this definition of "active"

        case
                when csi.clin_when is null then false
                -- from here on csi.clin_when cannot be null
                when (csi.clin_when > current_timestamp) is true then false
                -- from here on csi.clin_when must be < current_timestamp and
not null
                when is_long_term is true then true
                -- from here on csi.is_long_term must be false or null
                when (csi.clin_when + csi.duration > current_timestamp) is true
then true
                when (csi.clin_when + csi.duration < current_timestamp) is true
then false
                -- from here on csi.duration must be null
                else null
        end::boolean
                as is_currently_active,

plus the current state of the edit widget there's two ways
to make a drug currently "inactive":

- set .clin_when == started into the future

        this might serve for drugs handed to the patient but
        instructed to not start just yet

- set .duration such that .clin_when + .duration is in the past

        this will happen automatically as time goes by and
        render previously administered drugs inactive - which
        will then disappear from the default active-only list
        but will not yet be deleted from the table as such

> Or is that intended to wait until
> 0.7 in which case remove that option from the GUI (for now)?

Later we may want to add more ways of rendering a drug
inactive, such as a better differentiation between
.intended_duration and .actual_duration (akin to
.last_actually_taken).