Re: Printing was Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Printing was Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:41:46 -0800

On 2009-11-24, at 3:13 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 02:51:01PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> If wxWidgets will *not* be involved, how will output get to the printer or
>> into a "print as PDF" alternative?
>
> Another possibility would be to keep our hands off the
> "print this" business entirely and simply invoke a
>
>       /usr/bin/gm-print.sh <the file to print>
>
> in which the local admin can do whatever to get things
> printed. Of course, we'd release with a default gm-print.sh
> which hands things to kprinter just as well.
>
> After all, that's what we do for faxing/emailing documents
> already anyway ;-)

Does Latex remain relevant to the above, and is the following link (or any
other that people would suggest) worth putting up on the wiki?

        http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Export_To_Other_Formats

Also in terms of what is worth capturing in the wiki...

- any of this thread?

- a previous thread on "forms concept (instead of placeholders)"?

- http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/DbFormsStorage

-  http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/PatientLetters

- other?