Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:29:27 -0800

On 2009-11-29, at 5:01 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> When allowing the user to delete a message that pertains to unreviewed
> documents or labs, do we wish to warn the user that this only deletes the
> notification (but that the related documents or results remain unreviewed)? I
> am wondering if it is better to not allow this, in other words that it is
> only after (automagically upon) their being reviewed that these would
> disappear and attempts to delete them prematurely would issue a warning?

Actually I am now remembering (?) that apart from the inbox messages that
appear as a direct result of test data import, the inbox will also display
"virtual" messages that are generated as a result of fetched queries returning
unreviewed lab results and documents. Therefore I expect it will not be
possible to actually delete such virtual messages despite that users are
currently presented that option in right-click.

It does raise two questions:

1. even if the right-click "delete" could be contextually unavailable for such
items, I had earlier proposed that there also be buttons so it would be helpful
to present to the user why such messages cannot be deleted... maybe "beep" plus
display feedback in the status line.

2. presently, deletion does not refresh the screen. Can it please do so?