Re: [Gnumed-devel] Printing from Mac OS

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Printing from Mac OS
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:21:42 -0800

On 2010-01-14, at 4:19 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> One way of doing it:
>
> http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/forums/viewthread/10606/

contains:

> -- we have previously got our file and refer to it as the_file
>
> set print_center to "/Applications/Utilities/Print Center.app"
>
> set script_arg to "open -a " & quoted form of print_center & " " & quoted
> form of the POSIX path of the_file
>
> do shell script script_arg

the above may be usable for other things later, thanks...

> supposedly there is a command called 'print'. Have you tried it ?

MacBook:~ djb$ print testgif.tmp
-bash: print: command not found

I do think "PRINT" related to Windows, at least to some versions, and/or maybe
just to text files.

The link content provided above does overlap and supplement what I eventually
figured out and supplied to Karsten, the difference is mainly directionality in
that the method in the link has an AppleScript calling a shell script whereas
Gnumed printing currently has gnumed caling the shell script and the shell
script (on Macs) can presently send the output to lp or to an applescript