[Gnumed-devel] Re: Scanning Xsane, gscan2pdf, Simple Scan, Tesseract OCR

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Scanning Xsane, gscan2pdf, Simple Scan, Tesseract OCR
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 01:01:30 -0800

On 2010-01-05, at 6:01 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> I offer the following either for potential interest, and/or because in I will
> have some follow-on questions in my next posts:

While gscan2pdf remains attractive for file acquisition *where* it is known
that the pages may need to be manipulated, I have come across another GPL app
that appears better-suited to automatic document feeding and output-file naming.

There is no reason the two cannot both be used side by side as the circumstance
warrants… the other app is:

        eikazo

        http://eikazo.berlios.de/
        http://eikazo.berlios.de/doc/output.html