Re: [Gnumed-devel] Printing

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Printing
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:09:50 -0800

On 2010-01-15, at 1:18 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> MacOS and Windows both have printer setup/selection dialogs but no means to
> call them from the command line ?

Sucks, eh?

Mind you neither each of kprinter and gscan2pdf are *applications*, each
providing their own GUis, so the fact that Apple provide a print dialog that
any made-for-Mac *application* can call (via Apple's Cocoa framework) does not
mean Apple saw value in taking the trouble to make that callable form the
command line. it is not as if it would be a standard *nix command, so we are
really talking a *tiny* application that I was advised would take someone half
a day (maybe a bit more) to code up and package.