[Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Feature Freeze

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Feature Freeze
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:42:14 +0100

Hi all,

According to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule February 11th is
DebianFeatureFreeze.

If we want 0.6 in Lucid Lynx for release in April 2010 we need to have GNUmed
0.6 in Debian Testing by February 11th. Since it takes 7 days or so to migrate
from unstable to testing and given that some bugs will only be reported once
there are Debian packages for GNUmed I supposed it is safe to say that

deadline for GNUmed's Debian packages is

February 1st.

Which is like  15 days from today. Resppecting the time it takes Andreas to
package things it is safe to say that GNUmed 0.6 needs to be released within
the next seven days.

However since Lucid is supposed to be a long term support release it might be
smart to go with the 0.5.x codebase.

Sebastian