Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress notes entry and patient interaction

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress notes entry and patient interaction
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:33:48 +0100

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 05:09:50PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> The Measurements plug in makes provision to accept (in GNUmed's main menu)
> the specification of a link to a lab reference but I am wondering what may be
> manageably possible at a more granular level?
>
> Maybe ideally such
>       per-problem
>       per-diagnostic-procedure or
>       per-therapeutic procedure
> resources should be linkable through the coding system?

Absolutely. For one thing we already link to the per-locale
section of MedicalContentLinks on the Wiki. OTOH, eventually
the tips and hints section in the notes editor is intended
to hold such links (even dynamically generated Google
searches on what the user entered as note content). From the
medications plugin we link directly into the drug database
for the selected entry. This could be enhanced (think DDD
for ATC etc).

I have also pondered providing a per-patient URL store where
references to knowledge on that patient can be stored.

Linking to (stable, and that's the main problem) resources
from within coding systems (and thus individual
ICD/ICPC/LOINC/ATC is hugely useful and desirable to be
implemented.