[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed user interface toolkit considerations

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed user interface toolkit considerations
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:56:58 +0100

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:01:17 +0100
>>>>>> "Karsten" == "Karsten Hilbert" <address@hidden> wrote:

Karsten> > Well, it will be included in upcoming 3.1 which is now in
Karsten> > beta.

Actually, I learnt today that 3.1 is called beta, while the release
will be 3.2

Karsten> It looks rather good indeed. What a pity there's no Debian
Karsten> package. It uses the exact same strategy GNUmed employs:
Karsten> generated GUI classes with derived classes for functionality.

Nice to hear. Does this

http://altruistic.lbl.gov/mirrors/ubuntu/pool/universe/w/wxformbuilder/

can help?

Karsten> >     * The XRC format is a wxWidgets standard, and can be
Karsten> > generated or postprocessed by any program that understands
Karsten> > it.
Karsten>
Karsten> Now, there's a point. The wxGlade xml format is only understood
Karsten> by wxGlade.

Good, at least one score. :-)

Karsten> All in all wxFormBuilder seems a better wxGlade. I really wish
Karsten> a .deb came into existence.

I can ask on their forums...

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6