[Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed for acupuncture

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed for acupuncture
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:45:26 -0200

2010/1/23 <address@hidden>

Rogerio,

I found your name on the GNUMed success stories section - I am an acupuncturist here in the US and am looking into EMR software for my practice.  I noticed that you specialize in acupuncture - how easily were you able to customize GNUMed for acupuncture treatment?  Are you also tracking herbal medicine prescriptions with GNUMed?  I think the system looks very usable, but wonder how much time it would take to customize it for my uses.  Thank you for any comments/help you can offer!  Christian Fetsch, LAc, MSTCM, FABORM, Natural Health and Fertility Center,  Minneapolis, MN

Hello Christian

Actually the GNUmed client is a worderfull EMR for your use.

We as of the 0.6 release support the archive and printing of current medication, I don't see why you couldn't use it as a herbal prescription.

GNUmed uses the SOAP method of input, wich is very common in medicine, but I see it  being very well adapted to my Acupuncture needs.

For example GNUmed has a feature called "Text Expansions" wich you can easily edit in the client and it turns a predefined small text into a bigger paragraph or letter.

Example: when I type " [L " in my client it expands to:

"
Pulse :
Tongue :
"

When I type "[I " in my client it expands to:

"
Intestines
Urine
Eyes
Mouth
Flavor of choice
Hot / Cold preference
Pain Status
Sleep Status
Exercise
... etc
"

So you see GNUmed is VERY customizable. And once you have it running you will see that it will take you some time to get the work flow right (1-2 days) but then it is just FUN to work with.

And more, if you have any questions or sugestions, just sign up for the development list and we should be able to fix you right up :)

-----------------------------

Rogerio,

Thanks so much for your response.  I will play with GNUMed a bit and see how it works (it may take me a week or two).  Knowing there are some shortcuts to help speed up input is great to know- the text expansions seem like a very useful feature.

I will be in contact if I have any further questions.

Go ahead and forward my question to anyone you wish.  I hope it helps someone else make a decision about GNUMed.

Best wishes,

Christian
- Mostrar texto das mensagens anteriores -
--
Christian Fetsch LAc, MSTCM, FABORM
MN acupuncture license 1246

Natural Health and Fertility Center
2457 Lyndale Avenue South
Minneapolis  MN  55405

o 612-871-2288
c 651-428-2036

www.naturalhealthandfertility.com

Referrals welcome and appreciated!

PS: If you authorize me, I would be gratefull for the permission to send this hole thread to the list of development so more people get to know how people are looking into GNUmed for their practices.