Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed support chat

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed support chat
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:36:19 +0100

> > In short it seems like the chat feature is helpful.
>
> On the other hand it shows that chat is frequently used by people who
> are not seriosely interested.  If people leave quickly before there is
> any chance to solve their problem this tells something about these
> people - at least it fits perfectly my precondition about chat ...

I believe you are dismissing chat to easily and early.

There's two basic different modes of chat:

one-to-one ("icq")

many-to-many ("irc")

The first can be extremely useful to solve issues which would otherwise
need tet-a-tet time -- which in FLOSS often isn't possible across
contintents and time zones.

The other can sometimes be useful to hold virtual meetings. Just as
in any other meeting type situation you can safely ignore people
you don't want to speak with. Perhaps more safely :-)

Nur noch bis 31.01.2010: DSL-Komplettpaket für 16,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02