Re: [Gnumed-devel] No tabs at the bottom

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] No tabs at the bottom
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:49:40 +0100

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:15:01PM +1100, David Mackenzie wrote:

> I hadn't checked out the latest gnumed source for a while. I checked it out
> today and ran it and was surprised that there were no tabs at the bottom
> (see attached screenshot). Any ideas what I have done wrong?

You have not done anything wrong.

We have slightly changed the default workplace policy:

Previously GNUmed was pre-set to the workplace "GNUmed
Default". That workplace included pretty much all release
quality plugins. Jim argued that

a) if for some reason or other (say, a wxgtk bug) a plugin
   would hard-crash it would prevent the default workplace
   to start up

b) the default workplace should be as fail safe as possible

Making it as fail safe as possible means loading as few
plugins as feasible. One plugin *must* be loaded and that
one plugin must *not* be patient dependant. Hence it was
decided to use the Provider Inbox plugin.

Further it was argued that it would not behoove us to
suddenly change what's loaded by "GNUmed Default" as people
may already have become reliant upon its configuration.

Thus, a new default workplace was created: "Local Default"
which is being used if no config file specifies and
workplace. Since that workplace does not yet exist in the
backend, it is set up with the default plugin load list,
namely the Provider Inbox only.

However, the "GNUmed Default" workplace is still there right
in your database. If you go and set the workplace to that in
any of the relevant config files all is back to what it was
before ...

This change and possible desire to set was communicated to
the package maintainers.

We also added two more pre-configured workplaces:

        Front Desk
        Clinician

Enjoy !