Re: [Gnumed-devel] BUG REPORT...

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] BUG REPORT...
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:38:13 +0100

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 05:54:52PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > When I fire up the Letter I can open the .ott file nicely and it gets
> > > saved
> > > to the patient's chart and it asks nicely to wich o open episodes to save
> > > to, BUT the placeholders do not get substituted...
> >
> > In the meantime I will check what's going on.
>
> Believe it or not but this is because the OpenOffice
> Search-and-Replace function does not support non-greedy
> regular expressions :-)))
>
> Now on to figuring out a better regex to find placeholders
> which does not need non-greediness.

That proved to hard for me but at least there's a workaround:

The problem only occurs if there's more than one placeholder
on any single line. So, either don't do that ;-) or else
use the old method of creating *explicit* placeholders:

In OOo, when creating the .ott, go to

        Insert -> Field ... -> Other

- select tab "Functions"

- select "Placeholder" from the list on the left

- select "Text" from the list in the middle

- type the placeholder into the field at the top right under
  "Placeholder"

That will allow you to put several placeholders on one line.

In passing I fixed a bug which only occurs if there's an
invalid placeholder in an OOo template.