Re: [Gnumed-devel] BUG REPORT...

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] BUG REPORT...
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:20:09 +0100

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 03:37:20PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Could you then create a placeholder:
>
> >     first_last_name and
>
> >     last_first_name
>
> suggest the second of these be formatted in the same was as results in the
> combo search box
>
>       last comma space first nicknames

Come on, GNUmed is more powerful than that ?

This is now legal in 0.7-to-be:

        $<name::%(title)s %(firstnames)s%(preferred)s%(lastnames)s::35>$

including any shuffling about of the name parts. The 35
characters max is optional and configurable, of course.
"name" will always refer to a) the active patient and b) the
active name of same.

For 0.6 I don't think we should add a placeholder as there's
a workaround available (even if not fully satisfying).

> … can't recall if nicknames is set out in apostrophes or parens
>
>       "nicknames" vs (nicknames)
>
> though I think "" better communicates this entity

Fixed.