Re: [Gnumed-devel] Translation help

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Translation help
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:39:38 -0200

Ok ... this thread should be documented in the wiki ...

Rogerio

2010/1/28 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 08:09:51PM -0200, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

> And does the AOE replace / is replaced byt the "Summary" field ?

Yes, the Summary field is what gets stored as AOE.

> PS: The reason for these questions is because we don't have nothing like
> these terms in portuguese, we use "Queixa Principal" QP as "Initial Request"
> and we don't use the Summary at all. We just put every thing in the soa_P

Initial Request seems close enough for RFE.

Tell you a little secret: you'll have to search far and wide
to find any other piece of software that explicitly models
the AOE...   GNUmed is at the forefront of science here.

German literature does know the AOE, it is called
"Beratungsergebnis" (consultation result, literally). From
there I invented AOE:

- RF*E* is well known, so keep the E for encounter

- F means "for", so that will become "O" for of in most cases

- Reason becomes: Assessment, Outcome, Result
       - Result: ROE is easily mistaken for RFE
       - Outcome: OOE feels clumsy
       - Assessment: AOE, nice !

:-)

E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346