Re: Upgrade inbox messages (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] No tabs at the bottom

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Upgrade inbox messages (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] No tabs at the bottom)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:39:30 -0800

If it is easiest to display it with each bootstrap:

1) production systems will only be upgrading their database once every few
months and for whoever would be doing this, either on their own behalf or on
behalf of a group, it would be trivial for anyone in the group (including the
local sysadmin who will surely be booting up GNUmed to ensure it is working) to
delete this

2) actually this message needs only to be inserted (targeting the benefit of
people who did not yet know it) once for database v13 such that when people
would later for the first time try GNUmed even at v14 they will see it whereas
a production system already at v14 and therefore running v14 --> v15 will not
see it

3) still wondering what to do about the .config needing adjustment -- see other
emails

On 2010-01-29, at 2:41 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> if a user had previously configured
> a particular workplace (including GNUmed Default) within a config file
> that workplace will still be shown with its plugins regardless of what we
> did to other workplaces.
>
> Do we still want to display that notice then ? (I'd assume not, the
> trouble being that it isn't really feasible when not, so that's what
> I wanted your opinion on).

-- Jim