Re: Upgrade inbox messages (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] No tabs at the bottom

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Upgrade inbox messages (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] No tabs at the bottom)
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 01:05:19 -0800

On 2010-01-29, at 2:58 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> On 2010-01-29, at 12:37 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks. I notice one issue on that page: going to Manage
>>> master data -> Workplace plugins and activating GNUmed
>>> Default will NOT load that workplace on the next start. For
>>> that to happen a config file needs to be edited.

So here's what I do not understand about the GNUmed packages... from what you
say, they provide a config file that is *full* of commented-out information,
but provides *nothing* for

        [workplace]
        name = GNUmed Default

why not provide the above?

Yes, I know it may be desirable that the installer / updaters do not overwrite
what may be in a user's .gnumed directory (see footnote) however if somebody is
*going* to copy in a .config file that is provided from a starter package may
it not as well have a usable value than no value at all?

Footnote: do I not also recall that users who would install an upgrade might
have to be careful to copy their /conf file before upgrading on account if it
being *expected* to be ooverwritten, or is that no longer a consequence of
updating?