Re: Text expansions (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed for acupuncture)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Text expansions (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed for acupuncture)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 00:16:46 -0800

On 2010-02-05, at 12:11 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I don't see the immediate value beyond sometimes being convenient.

I agree... if a user believed an expansion was being too easily invoked, its
shortcut could be made more difficult to invoke except intentionally.

Also since the text flows forward continuously from a given insertion point,
the user could manage to select over and delete the unwanted text... as you
say, it is only a convenience.