Re: [Gnumed-devel] Allergy manager problems

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Allergy manager problems
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:37:50 +0100

Am Samstag 06 Februar 2010 04:00:50 schrieb Jim Busser:
> Upon opening the Allergy manager, a user can completely miss the fact that
>  hidden below "Date noted" and "Trigger" are 5 addition rows of data that
>  cannot be seen except by scrolling downward.
>
> it is not a "fatal" bug because at least the user can still *see* existing
>  data so they should not miss an allergy, they may only miss how to put the
>  information *in*.
>
> What can we do to fix this? (This is in Ubuntu Karmic)

There is two ways to fix this.

1.)Set a default size large enough for the panel that gets cut off. This is
not an elegant solutions.

2.) Find out how to tell wxwidgets that there is more info and make it
recalculate the space it needs to allocate to the panel. If you fix it that
way many more instances in GNUmed get fixed since it is a common wx-releated
problem. This would be an excellent opportunity for a python/GNUmed beginner
getting to know the code.

Sebastian