Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu shortcut key

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu shortcut key
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 15:34:49 +0100

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 06:33:48PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> Great. I also apologize if any of what I request below is
> a reversal however now that I can reliably run GNUmed in
> Debian/Ubuntu I am much better able to see what it is like
> to use

That's great.

> Can I request that, under the EMR menu,
>
> 1) to rename
>       "Show archived documents"
>       "Documents review" (with D as active letter)

Done.

> 2) change
>       "View encounter list"
>       "Encounters list view" (with E as active letter)

Done (*E*ncounters list).

> changing also the resulting window label could be changed form
>
>       "Showing encounters …"
>       "Encounters…"

Done.

> and also within that window suggest remove the word
> "relevant" because this word is in other places used to
> filter out based on a judgement of "importance" whereas I
> think the list we are talking about above is not filtered
> but is instead a complete listing.

This very same widget is used in different contexts some of
which ask for the relevant while others are not.

> 3) change the progress note editor
>
> Presently the menu lists only the old progress note editor
> as "Progress notes editor". I suggest at minimum to add the
> newer (more capable) Notes editor. I suspect it is intended
> to be able to auto-appear (to automatically be appended) to
> the EMR menu so maybe this is a bug.
>
> I suggest its menu name be "Notes" with active letter key "N"

I removed the old auto-entry and instead added the new one
as "*N*otes".

> 4) the EMR > Show as … menu
>
> This presently lists three options, one of which is an
> early version of a Summary that seems now obsoleted by what
> is provided in the "EMR tree" right pane, and the other two
> options are the EMR tree plugin which is already now a bit
> redundant to the first option, and lastly the "Chronological
> journal"
>
> So I would suggest to simplify this menu by removing the "Show as..." submenu

How does this hurt ?

> and discard the Summary

We've discussed this before. I don't remember why but I do
remember that I didn't agree with removing that.

> and simply let the "EMR tree" and "EMR journal" to auto-append to the EMR
> menu.
>
> I would suggest
>       "EMR tree" (active letter "t")
>       "EMR journal" (active letter "j")

I left "Show as". I left "EMR journal" as "Chronological
*j*ournal". I changed "EMR tree" to "Topical *t*ree".