Re: [Gnumed-devel] OpenSource drug database

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] OpenSource drug database
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 00:21:20 +0100

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:37:39PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> 2) http://www.oscarcanada.org/oscar-users/drugref

Original drugref (the concept) and drugref-in-Oscar shares
about as much as the name.

However, the DPD drug data is the best openly available
quality that I am aware of. Not sure anymore about the
licensing, I believe it said something about Crown Copyright
or something.

> b) is there an interface which GNUmed can use to talk to drugref ?

Supposedly there's a web service.

It'd be a *really* worthwhile thing to get the drugref
database going on a machine to the database of which I could
have access to to explore the structure.