Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:55:36 -0800

On 2010-02-15, at 7:02 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> I have extracted the source code of drugref 2 from Oscar (might not be the
> latest version)

Is it useful to be able to answer the following questions and, if we cannot
easily answer them ourselves, to ask the Oscar people (and if necessary Horst):

- despite that Oscar has been using pieces that they refer to as drugref2 and
previously drugref1.5, does Oscar anywhere maintain a changelog. Moreover, can
the Oscar people provide any high-level document setting out the purpose and
objectives of any alterations made to the original drugref with respect to:

1) did they alter the drugref Postgresl schema or do they continue to use the
original database structure as (I believe) remains available from
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/php-drugref/

2) did they alter the drugref Python code or do they continue to use the
original Python code as (I believe) remains available from
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/php-drugref/

3) did they essentially or absolutely replace what *had* been php interface
code, so as to instead provide an interface to drugref that is now written and
hosted (by the Oscar project) in Java?

See also next email for some general questions about how the drugref concept
might best be leveraged, going forward

-- Jim