Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 01:20:34 -0800

On 2010-02-15, at 3:25 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> The Oscar data contains interactions.

Not sure whether these were maintained within their implementation of (what
they call) Oscar Drugref (and now drugref2) or inside their separate
"MyDrugref".

They describe MyDrugref as a ~ "Ruby on Rails social network of pharmacists and
physicians' efforts to improve drug prescribing". It can be browsed at

        http://www.mydrugref.org/

where they appear to have about 70-80 users signed up.

I'm not sure how MyDrugref is integrated... I think that MyDrugref has been
deployed as a single, internet accessible production instance, managed as a
shared resource by the user base, any of whom can input records.

MyDrugref appears to be called (or in future to be called), for example, from
the Oscar prescribing widget link "Drug of choice". This "link" previously
pointed to a different resource (oscar resource) which I think was maintained at

        http://doc.oscartools.org/oscarResource-Plone/oscarResourcePlone