FreeDiams was Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar

From: Jim Busser
Subject: FreeDiams was Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 01:40:10 -0800

On 2010-02-16, at 1:06 AM, Karsten Hilbert replied to:

>> it is not obvious to me that FreeDiams
>> handles access to multiple databases, maybe only allowing to
>> populate four tables with data from a *single* source ??
>>
>>      http://ericmaeker.fr/FreeMedForms/doc/database_structure.html
>
> Currently yes. That is correct. But we are working on
> getting the author to improve it step by step.

As I give it more thought, FreeDiams is indeed well positioned to morph into
something that could become a solution for multiple EMRs.

Maybe FreeDiams (relative to drug database management), could gain a place
adjacent to Mirth, which has been gaining a position as a "Swiss army knife"
for managing incoming HL7 data (e.g. lab data).