Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap on Mandriva - log files

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap on Mandriva - log files
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:18:03 +0100

> Are you trying to tell me that I am supposed to use the
>
> --encoding=UTF8 for initdb ?

This would make sense but will only work if the system locale
is compatible with encoding utf8 (because initdb will use the
system locale if none is specified).

> This did not work but I can try again.
>
> I guess I could specifiy
>
> --locale=de_DE.UTF-8 --encoding=UTF8

That would at least be technically correct although

--locale=de_DE.UTF-8

should work, too, because it *implies* --encoding=UTF8.

I don't know for sure exactly what needs to be *done* but the
above is what needs to be *achieved*.