[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed on Linux Today

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed on Linux Today
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:11:50 +0100

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:06:17 +0100
>>>>>> "Sebastian" == <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Sebastian,

although the question was half-serious and your and Adreas' responses
contain some inferences for which I'm not sure on what they are based
upon, I'll reply shortly...

Sebastian> I understand that this is a half serious question. Would you
Sebastian> care to elaborate on the reason.

The point is that for my project, one part of the application has to
cover terrain covered by some 'core' part of GNUmed, I am
half-seriously thinking if providing that part to GNUmed would attract
GNUmed devs to adopt it.

However, no offense, but I primarily interested to hear Karsten's
answer to whom the question was actually addressed.

Sebastian> Reason why I am asking is because during a rewrite no new
Sebastian> code gets added and the project comes to a full stop. Which
Sebastian> is deadly unless you really know what you are doing.

Who said that the current development would stop during 'rewrite?

I must say that both you & Andreas have rich imagination. ;)

The question was: "if someone would re-wrote major part of
GNUmed in say Haskell using Qt toolkit in few months, would you jump
on the (new) train?", i.e. it is question whether if someone provides
some 'proof of concept' it would change the mind of the main dev to
adopt 'new technology', nothing else. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6