[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - appointments scheduling

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - appointments scheduling
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:55:47 +0100

Hi all,

Do you miss a patient appointment scheduling solution in GNUmed ? Well we have
an interface with konsolekalendar. It is optional an many a few people have
complained that it depends on KDE.

Well here is your chance. In the world of FOSS have a look at the available
solutions. openEMR (GPL license as well) seems to have one and I am sure there
are others. Simply look at their code and with a bit of luck you can make it
part of the GNUmed webinterface.

If you need any help storing the data in the GNUmed database let us know so we
can see how the database needs to be extended. But in the world of FOSS ideas
for the database tables for the appointment solution can be lifted from (e.g.)
openemr as well.

Front desk staff can then schedule patients through a webbrowser.

Anyone up for the challenge ?

Sebastian