Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccinations

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccinations
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:53:27 +0200

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 02:18:02PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> What sites would you propose to pre-populate?

Since .site is a column of clin.vaccination which table will
only contain values once there's any vaccinations documented
we can only pre-populate things by adding test data. Which
was deemed not really desired ;-)

> Would TB PPD skin testing be inputted here or elsewhere?

Since TB skin test is not an immunization, no.

Rather, a point could be made for documenting this as a test
result, which it is.

> This would involve sites distinct from the common
> vaccination sites.

Surely. Sites will be whatever the user enters.

> Supposing someone had natural exposure to a disease for
> which vaccination is available not no longer necessary (say,
> varicella) -- do you see any future way of bringing these
> together in a view?

Yes. That (UI or DB side) view would aggregate health issues
with certain known ICDs and vaccinations.

That was one of the reasons why I asked for help with
identifying codes for vaccination indications earlier.