Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: long distance help via chat feature

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: long distance help via chat feature
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:36:52 -0300

2010/5/4 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
> Karsten> I wonder if anyone would eventually be willing to spend the
> Karsten> time researching into how to interface with SimpleInvoice (or
> Karsten> whichever invoicing solution seems appropriate).
>
> SimpleInvoices is (still) not PostgreSQL ready.

Yeah, I know. I was thinking IF people want to deplay that they will
have to put up with running MySQL alongside PostgreSQL. Not necessarily
desirable but we'd most likely interface as a regular client anyway
rather than including their schema within our own database.

AFAICT EVERYONE using KDE now has a MySQL installed as part of their new suite (Akonadi server)

So if this was the only impediment it should be straight forward no?

Rogerio

> For my own needs, I've tried few other PHP solutions (BambooInvoice,
> MyClientBase..), but all of them are written in some PHP framework
> (Codeigniter or so) which uses some 3rd party lib for generating PDFs
> which is buggy and does not properly support UTF-8 (I could not get
> Croatian chars displayed.)
>
> That was the reason why I decided to deploy GNUcash.

Whichever application people come up with the appropriate research
with stands the most likely chance of interface implementation.