[Gnumed-devel] Re: QRISK2

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: QRISK2
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:12:05 +0200

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 10:07:00PM +0100, Adrian Midgley (Gmail) wrote:
> I typed
>
>   svn  http://svn.clinrisk.co.uk/opensource/qrisk2/
>
> at a command prompt, moved into the directory which resulted, made the
> executables as above and then ran one.

So this is the same as I can confirm.

I also noticed that a library libirisk.a is builded.  My assumption is
that the executables just use this library.  I wonder whether it makes
sense to build an interface to this library from GNUmed instead of
calling the exeutables.

> > Moreover the URL http://www.clinrisk.co.uk/ seems to feature a
> > downloadable Windows executable but no source nor license.
>
> Give it time.

Sure. ;-)

> > Did you run a native GUI or did you found a CGI script?
>
> Command line.
>
> It might be shelled from a Windows client running a terminal instance to
> a back end written in MUMPS, or from a Windows executable working back
> to an xBase and MS Access set of databases in most existing use.

Your assumption seems to be in line with my suggestion to build a GNUmed
interface to the library (or the command line executables - whatever
seems to be more easy to implement / reliable).

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de