[Gnumed-devel] Re: Debian package gnumed-server 13.4 uploaded

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Debian package gnumed-server 13.4 uploaded
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:18:11 +0200

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:12:29PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> That is correct !

OK.

> > If yes, you need to add those users into the file @gm-logins
> > who are allowed to access tha database.
>
> No.
>
> You are mistaking + for @.

I don't:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/client-authentication.html

Subsection 19.1. The pg_hba.conf file :

  user
    Specifies which PostgreSQL users this record matches. The value all
    specifies that it matches all users. Otherwise, this is the name of a
    specific PostgreSQL user. Multiple user names can be supplied by
    separating them with commas. Group names can be specified by preceding
    the group name with +. A file containing user names can be specified by
    preceding the file name with @. The file must be in the same directory
    as pg_hba.conf.

BTW, if you feel more comfortable to have the file in /etc/gnumed
differently named, that's no problem.  As I said I'm symlinking to
this file to confirm the last sentence of the doc quoted above and
thus we can perfectly symlink to a differently named file.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de