[Gnumed-devel] Rather large OSCAR deployment

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Rather large OSCAR deployment
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:14:28 +0200

FYI:

http://oscarcanada.blogspot.com/2010/06/queens-gets-oscarized.html

I mean it is a good thing that there is now another rather large FOSS
deployment. However given Oscar's technical foundation I wonder how much
problems will come from that. If no or little problems arise it would mean
that as long as one gives the user the feature she wants it does not matter
much how hackish the solution is.

Given that their system it webbased bugs need to be fixed only on one server
while a fat client solution would mean deploying client updates to 100 and
more clients.

But all is not lost. As we have proven writing a webinterface for GNUmed is
just a matter of doing it. There is no point in comparing how GNUmed's
webinterface would fare technically to Oscar's since there is no GNUmed
webinterface (yet)

Sebastian