[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - crossing borders between web apps and traditiona

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - crossing borders between web apps and traditional clients
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:12:56 +0200

Hi all,

There is a company looking into what it takes to implement billing for GNUmed
through Lx-Office. I doubt they will do it for free but it is too early to
tell.

The question that arose was this. In the wiki we have documented how to
interact with lx-office on the command line. Now that means each client would
have a local installation of Lx-Office. This is  a support nightmare. I guess
it would be possible to make all those local instances connect to a central
database but still this calls for trouble.

The other option is to use the http based interface but bypassing the browser.
Python ships a library called httplib.

Can anyone comment on what is the best way to proceed ?

Sebastian