Re: [Gnumed-devel] Turtorials

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Turtorials
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 06:53:31 +1000

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> SOAP is the key ! It is fully i18n and understand by all practitioner.
> S subjective
> O objective
> A assessment
> P plan

I don't find it usable
it works for the single complaint
It doesn't work for mental health where objectivity is rare
and it never works for multiple systems in the same consult
where I check the sugar, check the peripheral pulses
check the blood pressure

because it just doesn't deal with multithreading in assessment and plan
nor does it deal with patients who have a list of 20 items
(once I had 2 A4 pages, which i managed to distil into chronic sinusitis and
hyperthyroidism

--
Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.