Re: [Gnumed-devel] chronic vs acute, was: Turtorials

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] chronic vs acute, was: Turtorials
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 00:25:48 -0300

Rogerio, this is what I wrote back then:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 01:52:09PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:
>
> > Anyone up to creating this for GNUmed ?
> > https://medsphere.org/docs/DOC-1778
>
> Problem list.
>
> This shows how Vista seems to consider it a good idea to
> support an immediacy flag on problems.
>
> The German GP research also knows this flag.
>
> Do you see value in supporting
>
>       clin.health_issue.immediacy
>       clin.episode.immediacy
>
> ?  Values would be NULL (undecided), chronic, and acute.
>
> We already sort of support this except from a different
> angle:
>
>       clin.health_issue.is_active

This flag cannot tell which of the active problems is
chronic but it can tell that inactive problems are NOT
chronic :-)

Does that suffice ?

After all, any problem that is thought active warrants
attention, regardless of being chronic or not.

I don´t think it sufices, and I was REALLY hoping for a PHYSICAL separator in the problem list

like  :

Chronic:

Acute

z - acute episode