Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to best store plugin preferences

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to best store plugin preferences
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:42:15 -0700

On 2010-07-06, at 4:23 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> This time I would like some input on how and where to best store preferences
> for a plugin

This maybe warrants a new thread (feel fee to make a new one with this test
selected / quoted) but, in addition to preferences, can we also consider how
naming is best managed?

1) does plugin naming inherit in any way from the source code's filename?
2) are plugin name references, as shown in the GUI workplace configuration
dialog, i18n?
3) can plugin name references, as shown in the GUI workplace configuration
dialog, be reworked to better match the name shown in the 'tabs" along the
screen bottoms?

... without #3 (which may depend on 1 and/or 2) it gets very hard to know what
one is doing when choosing a set for a workplace. For example in master branch,
when I hunted around to try to find to activate the "Demographics" plugin, I
incorrectly guessed "Contacts" not realizing I wanted
gmNotebookedPatientEditionPlugin... maybe this can be made easier?

-- Jim