[Gnumed-devel] Rethinking what to list as problems under Notes editor

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Rethinking what to list as problems under Notes editor
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:07:48 -0700

If we cannot easily in the Notes editor offer three toggles

        Closed
        Irrelevant
        Inactive

and only (for lack of space) offer two, is it more likely that a user would

- redesignate an inactive problem to be active?
- re-open a closed episode?
- make an irrelevant problem relevant?

I would suspect that they might be in the order offered above... would others
argue differently, that something which had been judged irrelevant to keep in
view should be kept in view in the Notes editor?

I am sensitive to the fact that it is important, when reviewing patients, to
avoid "misses" when they result from a failure to review ALL the available
information, including that previously judged to be not important / relevant.

I still think *that* is better done in the EMR tree because it offers more
screen space to perform such a review... it just lacks the ease-of-use of the
toggles contained inside the Notes creator.

-- Jim