Re: [Gnumed-devel] default workplace in tarballs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] default workplace in tarballs
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:29:36 +0200

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 12:16:19AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > No.
>
> Grasshopper shall be my name, thus shall I bend like the reed... and besides,
> self-help on how someone *ought* to respond to the solitary default inbox
> plugin is wikiable :-)

I guess I need to rack my brain for remembering some
arguments.

- many people would have "GNUmed Default" configured *already*
  (because it was exactly what is being suggested with "Clinician" now)
- that GNUmed default had been (despite its name) considered
  to be too ingrained to change on people
- any other setting regardless of whether it is called
  "do-not-use-or-expect-unwanted-consequences-down-the-road"
  is going to be used in production if it is the default
  and is also usable
- an always-starteable default was deemed desirable
- the solitary plugin workplace makes it painfully obvious
  that one would want some one time (!) configuration
- maintainers can set whatever they desire a sane default
  in their packages
- documentation can help

So, no.

I wonder where the above quote comes from - grasshoppers
have a high resistance to wind, they don't easily bend from
my observation, let alone like reeds.