[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - technologies

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - technologies
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:28:34 +0200

Hi all,

Starting a new thread on this. If you had to implement it what would be the
tools and technologies to develop a state of the art , future-proof web
interface ?

Some items that are mixed into the soup are, pyjamas, python, postgresql,
webbrowser, css, static html, gmPG2 (gnumed postgresql middleware), psycopg2,
HTML5, SVG

I just threw in a bunch of terms here that I have come across when doing
research on what a webinterface could involve.

A lot of qestions remain.
What server side framework (if at all) would you use. We have heard django
mentioned a couple of times.

How does Cherrypy fit in this conceptually. Is cherrypy even needed ?

Almost everyone including JS developers are barking at raw javascript. Now
that we have hear quite a few things on pyjamas that seem not to be neccessary
any more ?

Are there any obvious drawbacks ? How do we handle local peripheral devices
such as chipcard readers or laboratory equipment ?

Sebastian