[Gnumed-devel] Re: Kirk's penicillin allergy

From: Eric Maeker
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Kirk's penicillin allergy
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:59:07 +0200

2010/7/11 Jim Busser <address@hidden>:
> Kirk's allergy is to "penicillin" however the ATC for that may be as narrow as
>
>        J01CE02
>
> however I am wondering whether to pass to the external db (like FreeDiams)
> just the specific ATC or the more general for example J01C ?
>

>        http://www.whocc.no/atc_ddd_index/?code=J01C

Please remember that Drugs can :
- have a specific ATC (that is different to the ATC molecules)
- have multiple molecules with different ATC
That's important for the explanation.

Actually, FreeDiams calculates allergies throught :
- DrugUID -> one uid == one allergy
- Drug ATC -> one ATC == N allergies (all drugs with the same ATC code)
- Drug INN -> one INN == N allergies (all drugs with the specified INN)

I have to add:
- Molecule ATC -> one ATC == N allergies (all drugs that contains the
molecule ATC - which is different to the drug's ATC)

I've just finished code for (see screenshot):
- ATC class -> one ATC class (less than 7 letters) == N allergies -->
all drug's with ATC begining with the class, all drug's that contains
a molecule ATC begining with the class.

Eric