[Gnumed-devel] Re: Kirk's penicillin allergy

From: Eric MAEKER
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Kirk's penicillin allergy
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:44:48 +0200

- when the patient had a reaction while taking a multi-molecule drug
        (say, ramipril with hydrochlorothiazide)
-->here the drug will have an ATC that represents a combination C09BA05
        --> let us suppose the user did no more work...

        FD could still know

FreeDiams should be warn of:
- combinaison ATC code
- each molecule ATC
--> all drugs with a ATC molecule code or drug ATC code will be represented as an allergy

- btw the ATC system sometimes mixes, within any one level of ATC
        a drug class
        the same drug class in combination with some other class
        a different drug class

thus flagging may be desirable at multiple (but not all) at an ATC level:

        C09A ACE INHIBITORS, PLAIN
        C09B ACE INHIBITORS, COMBINATIONS
        C09C ANGIOTENSIN II ANTAGONISTS, PLAIN
        C09D ANGIOTENSIN II ANTAGONISTS, COMBINATIONS
        C09X OTHER AGENTS ACTING ON THE RENIN-ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEM

- where any one molecule has more than one ATC (say, amoxicillin as part of an H Pylorii eradication regimen)
        my brain is tired, I'll think on this one

-- Jim