Re: [Gnumed-devel] choice of web frameworks

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] choice of web frameworks
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:32:46 +0200

Am Montag 12 Juli 2010, 22:44:55 schrieb lkcl:
> rrrright.  i have at least a beginning:
>
> git clone git://pyjs.org/git/multitaskhttpd.git
>
> there are at present no other dependencies: multitask.py is included.
> basically it's a single-process server, bit messy because i haven't hacked
> out half of the RTMP stuff from it yet, but it handles multiple HTTP
> requests, includes doing keep-alives that actually work, and there is a
> demo which will browse the current working directory as a simple http
> server (based on, surpriise SimpleHTTPServer.py).
>
> a session cookie is automatically added, which is used as a lookup to find
> the in-memory app.
>
> merging this with SimpleJSONRPCServer.py, and adding in a persistent
> psycopg connection into the "client", this would be ready to use _now_.
>
> but, you would only be able to use about 2 clients because of the pool
> limiting on the gmPG2 code.

See the other message. Set the pool limit to 100 or whatever.

BTW. You have sent me to read up on stateless frameworks and continuation. I
started reading and found the nagare framework which hypes itself as the
solution to all problems.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that they use pyjs.

What is your take on nagare ?
http://www.nagare.org

Sebastian