Re: [Gnumed-devel] multitaskhttpd experiment

From: lkcl
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] multitaskhttpd experiment
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:31:52 -0700 (PDT)

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> Am Mittwoch 14 Juli 2010, 03:35:58 schrieb lkcl:
>> we have a winner!
>>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general/668213
>
> :-)
>
> I am beginning to understand some of this stuff.

 gaaah :)

 whilst i realise it would be a lot of work, you really should give serious
consideration to not using postgresql roles, and doing the RBAC "manually",
just like it is done in web frameworks.  a database table stores
username/passwords (MD5 hashes, whatever) and all "authentication" is done
in the form of SQL queries prior to each access to the database.

 but... hmmm.... that would mean that you could not guarantee data security,
wouldn't it?  because it would be the app performing the security, with
total open-access to the database, wouldn't it?

 argh....