Re: [Gnumed-devel] choice of web frameworks

From: lkcl
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] choice of web frameworks
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:20:05 -0700 (PDT)

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

>> * overkill for what you need in a pure-pyjamas app.  _really_.  you need
>> static HTML (once and only once per startup), POST to accept multi-part
>> forms (somewhere, anywhere), and JSONRPC.  oh, and a session cookie.
>> _really_ nothing else.
>>
> That is what I wanted to hear. I was just thinking because of that session
> stuff but you have indicated that you have solved that already, didn't you
> ?

 yep.

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> Or is this not of concern anymore since the connection limit could be
> raised ?

red herring.  increasing the connection limit still does not solve the
problem, because you are still thinking in terms of threads.

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> Am I right in assuming that given your latest post on the "special
> framework"
> you created in combination with the connection limit being raised it is
> possible to implement what I have been looking for all along ?
>
> If so that would be great. Can't wait to see some of it in action.

yes, basically.

the "target" or "back-end" web server _must_ support HTTP Keep-Alives i.e.
it must continue to keep open the same HTTP connection and never die unless
there is a problem (or a pre-determined deliberate timeout).

the connection limit is a red herring.  you _musn't_ do "threaded" psycopg2
connections (unless you can guarantee that the threads are isolated from
each other) because the last thing you want is one user's credentials on one
thread to be accidentally "shared" with another thread.

so to be on the safe side, the demo SimpleJSONRPCServer.py uses ForkingMixin
not ThreadedMixin.

l.