[Gnumed-devel] Status of 0.8

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Status of 0.8
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:42:53 +0200

Hello all !

I am planning on uploading 0.7.7 with the latest bug fixes on Friday or
Saturday:

   FIX: DOB could become today in certain corner cases when creating new person
[thanks S.Reus]
   FIX: check_drug_interactions() failed with FreeDIAMS [thanks J.Busser]
   FIX: be more careful around changing CWD when creating document from LaTeX
[thanks S.Hilbert]

There`s two more I haven´t checked in yet. With 0.7 we`ll have a pretty
solid candidate for Debian Stable.

Regarding 0.8 I am currently tying up loose ends and implementing a
few oversights (say, some buttons not connected yet in the vaccination
edit area).

I would encourage everyone to start testing 0.8 which can be downloaded
as the master branch from gitorious.org. Of particular interest is
testing of anything new including vaccination handling:

  NEW: Add button to lookup drug on www.dosing.de to current substances plugin.
   NEW: hook: "after_soap_modified"
   NEW: placeholder: "current_meds_table::latex"
   NEW: placeholder: "current_meds_notes::latex"
   NEW: placeholder: "lab_table::latex"
   NEW: score: Rome diagnostic criteria on obstipation
   NEW: score: Cincinatti Stroke Scale (F.A.S.T.)
   NEW: score: bacterial UTI algorithm
   NEW: report: patients taking drug X
   NEW: graphing of ranges of measurements (user-defined gnuplot scripts)
   NEW: support emergency contact
   NEW: support comment directly on identity
   NEW: Add button to report ADR from within current substances plugin.
   NEW: list view of database audit trail
   NEW: management of vaccinations
   NEW: templates for writing a plugin [thanks S.Hilbert]
   NEW: on Windows try to switch to "DejaVu Sans" font for improved unicode
display
   NEW: demonstrable path to get up and running on Macintosh [thanks J.Busser]
   NEW: useful error dialog when database connection lost

   IMPROVED: GNUmed can now import the ARRIBA result as a document
   IMPROVED: rename client/locale/ to client/po/ and adjust to that
   IMPROVED: when enabling --debug during unhandled exception try harder to log
the exception in question
   IMPROVED: more robust acquiring of data from image sources
   IMPROVED: more medically-sound interval formatting
   IMPROVED: edit non-name identity parts *directly* in demographics plugin (no
popup needed)
   IMPROVED: show date-generated in patient picture tooltip
   IMPROVED: much better icon [thanks J.Jaarsveld]
   IMPROVED: show comment/emergency contact in patient search control tooltip
   IMPROVED: re-add encounters to auditing
   IMPROVED: show loinc info for test in test results EA
   IMPROVED: much smarter result units phrasewheel
   IMPROVED: DOB validity check when creating new person
   IMPROVED: better layout of configuration listing
   IMPROVED: medication formatting
   IMPROVED: current medication patient handout [thanks C.Hilbert]
   IMPROVED: pre-filter form template selection list based on purpose of
showing
   IMPROVED: default config file for running from tarball

Sometime next week I intend to release 0.8.rc1. My hope is to get 0.8
out the door by the first week of August.