Re: address@hidden: Re: [Gnumed-devel] So you want to gain some with GNU

From: Lee Crites, Admin for TBFed
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Gnumed-devel] So you want to gain some with GNUmed ?]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:37:27 -0500

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 23:26 +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Lee Crites <address@hidden> -----

> > Well, my major client is a doctor who needs an EMR ...

> > By "we," I mean the doctor (who is medical director for a rehab
> > hospital), those he works with (several medical associations as well as
> > other doctors and such), and perhaps ultimately many of the other rehab
> > hospitals his is a part of (90+ across the US).

How about Vista by VA ?

I have not really looked at it at all, but he has. He goes to our local VA hospital, and doesn't really like it as much. I honestly have no clue one way or the other.

Is it fairly customizable? Can I add new modules and functions? How about new kinds of records to the database?

I did about 10 minutes of checking into it. Found out I could download it for free, but didn't even find out if it would run on my linux servers and/or what language or DBMS environment it needed.

Lee